My Sister’s Keeper
This is an inspiring girls mentor ship group that entails weekly, activities such as etiquette training, life skills, outdoor activities, arts and craft , community outreach , positive discussions , enrichment activities. Simply teaching young girls how to be positive role models in our society. This will be an opportunity for the young girls to be mentored so as not to fall into the common traps in life.
- Last name
- At what stage is your proposal?
- Design (Prototype/MVP in development)
- What category/categories do you want to address with your idea?
- Describe the need or problem you want to address
- In Punta Gorda, our females are at a disadvantage when it comes to education, leadership and self-discovery. Therefore this program will strategically develop/groom theses young ladies in a creative and inspiring way for them to pursue their purpose through devotion, enrichment activities, arts & craft, life & social skills, biblical truth for girls, group mentoring & individual sessions, outdoor team sports activities at local facilities , entrepreneurship, and academic enrichment.
- What is the main product or service you will offer?
- My sister’s keeper will be girls-only, safe space gatherings that meet once bi- weekly after school, during school and/or on Saturdays at local schools, community centers, youth serving organizations and our own facilities. This initiative will start with 70-75 girls. A session features a guided conversation/activity led by one highly trained Adult Program Coordinators. Topics might include school, relationships with family, friends and boys, careers, health or whatever the girls identify as pressing issues for them. My Sister’s Keeper addresses issues of poverty, teen pregnancy, hygiene, violence, and lack of educational attainment at their very roots, by working with girls during the critical pre-teen years, when personal choices that are made can have lifelong consequences. My Sister’s keeper build leadership skills and character traits such as honesty, personal accountability, learning to listen to the viewpoints of others, clear communication, critical thinking about life and its choices and sound decision making. Through goal setting our girls work on reaching tangible goals. These skills are essential to success in school, work and life. Other program elements will include on-going academic support, annual college tour, community field trips, guest speakers, and many other unique components. We also understand that some habits have already been established by the teen years so we’ve developed enrichment programs for primary and secondary school girls to prepare them for the world of life.
- Briefly describe the community or population that will benefit from your solution and how do you plan to involve them in the project
- Through guiding and support mentee will have the opportunity to involve different community and government agencies through the engagement by identifying problems and challenges of others in the community and think of ways to help resolve challenges in their community: Such as partnering with schools to use facilities for life skills purposes such as cooking, home management etc. ,sports council in facilitating different guided sessions in sports and recreating, NDACC with mentoring sessions on drugs and alcohol, Health on sex education and hygiene , Local police on domestic violence and crime and also local entrepreneurs. This will give the community a grave opportunity to be greatly involved in every aspect of these ladies up bringing.
- Does your proposal have a business model (i.e. strategy to generate revenue)? Please describe
- To generate revenue, the plan is conduct monthly sales from students/ young ladies work/ projects they are doing during the sessions scheduled, such as sewing, cooking , home management etc. This will allow them to achieve the entrepreneurship part of their training and a portion of the sales will go back into running the group.
Do you think this idea
is positive for the world?
Give your support to "My Sister’s Keeper"