EcoBike- Clean and Reliable Transportation
A number of students attend the Corozal Community Junior College and have to walk a approximate 1/4 of a mile from the main highway to the school compound. On a school day the main road that leads to the school is busy with pedestrians, mostly students at least 25. The Ecobike will provide an efficient transportation alternative to move from the center of Corozal Town to the Junior College.The Ecobike will contribute to a better life in the areas of health, environment, and time-saving benefits for students.On the weekends it can be used by needed locals to move into town. The Ecobike also has a vision to expand into the tourism industry whilst boosting the Corozal Bay as a transient tourist destination. ( A tourist for a day).Students will register with their ID's, use a PIN card and use the Ecobike for 30 or 45 min.
- Roberto Runnel
- Last name
- At what stage is your proposal?
- Idea phase
- What category/categories do you want to address with your idea?
- Describe the need or problem you want to address
- Assist the youths to be entrepreneurs in their hometown. Hiring young people to have an income to send their kids to high school and break the chain of poverty.In the operation management we will need Bike station supervisor, computer system manager, bicycle mechanic and manager. Thus creating jobs for youths in Corozal, who are migrating to other district due to lack of jobs at home.
- What is the main product or service you will offer?
- Friendly Environmental Service - in TransportationWe don't intend to disrupt the taxi cab service, but instead give an alternative and environmental option to commuters. A fully registered business in town will give this proposal a boost in making it efficient and reasonable mode of transportation. We can further expand this idea to other towns and cities in the country. Especially Belize City, where it is hard to find a parking spot.
- Briefly describe the community or population that will benefit from your solution and how do you plan to involve them in the project
- Gather youths who are inclined to technology and eager to run a transportation service in town. The service will be especially for students who struggle financially to complete their studies at the junior college in town. Students will benefit on saving money and getting early to class. The intention is also to expand into the tourism sector and have visitors enjoy the beautiful bay, points of interest and surrounding mayan temple. The town council,NICH - Archaeology, environmental NGOs and other will come together and make this project a success.An overall it will benefit several families who will have a small job to depend on.
- Does your proposal have a business model (i.e. strategy to generate revenue)? Please describe
- With the use of technology , Ecobike users will register, pay a daily fee, weekly fee or monthly fee and use and return the bikes at Bike Stations in an area/route.With membership card, students will just swipe a card an will be able to use the Ecobike. A tracking system will also be installed to safeguard the assets. A manager and at least 3 youths will be needed to operate this business.
Do you think this idea
is positive for the world?
Give your support to "EcoBike- Clean and Reliable Transportation"