Change day Story with Our Fathers-Alex Perez
- Last name
- At what stage is your proposal?
- Design (Prototype/MVP in development)
- What category/categories do you want to address with your idea?
- Describe the need or problem you want to address
- The problem is that Belizeans avoid conflict. Most never have learned to deal with rejection and so they simply do not engage. Alex is going to set an example by being brave and tracking down his father who abandoned him. The journey may be painful but it is expected that the results will be healing, new relationship and/or closure of old wounds. 10 children under his mentorship will also be invited to follow his example and their journeys will also be documented to give courage to children and young adults who need to heal relationships with parents that have abandoned them. The focus will be on reaching the fathers to share the love of Christ with them and see if a transformation can occur but it is expected that many people along the journey will be impacted positively.
- What is the main product or service you will offer?
- We will offer a documentary that can be sold however that is not the primary goal. The primary goal is healing. From a business standpoint we will be able to train our staff in how to craft a documentary and those staff can then utilize their filmmaking skills to offer their services to others who have any number of stories to tell. In Belize we are lacking stories of success and we need to tell those stories.
- Briefly describe the community or population that will benefit from your solution and how do you plan to involve them in the project
- Children who have been abandoned by their fathers and their extended family. The fathers themselves are expected to be greatly impacted once their children locate them and confront them in a loving manner.
- Does your proposal have a business model (i.e. strategy to generate revenue)? Please describe
- Our business model is secondary focus and involves training our staff in filmmaking and then those staff can train others and anyone trained will be able to offer their filmmaking services for a fee to people who have their own stories to tell.
Do you think this idea
is positive for the world?
Give your support to "Change day Story with Our Fathers-Alex Perez"