Sam's community park
My proposal focuses not only on youth but community development in all aspects. It will generate employment opportunities and assist various groups and social issues. We also emphasize on family growth and entertainment; due to busy schedules many parents lack quality time interacting with their children which is one of the major causes why teens tend to turn to the streets. Our community does not have a family center where the whole family can enjoy themselves in the best of ways. We are promoting quality family time and sports for all. We will establish activities for the community on a whole and support local talents and try to assist in their professional growth. This will range from arts, to music to any other talent/skill that our community has to offer. We will reach out to social issues like substance abuse and rehab (but not limited to) to attempt to rehabilitate those in need and at the same time, it works as prevention from further social damage to the growing generation.
- Last name
- At what stage is your proposal?
- Implementation / On the market
- What category/categories do you want to address with your idea?
- Describe the need or problem you want to address
- Sam's community park has the capacity to address all four major areas that change dah story is looking for. We already have the park open for students to be able to do their assignments and be able to connect to high speed WiFi. We host a tutor on weekends that provides assistance to children within primary education level. The park counts with its own football field and volleyball area, mini dirt bike track, mini gym, table games and much more to provide the perfect recreation center not only for the youth but the general public. But we lack a multipurpose court. We are also starting to host different events such as open mic and Karaoke at nights to bring the community together and also to give them a space where they can express their talents. We are also working on creating a support group for single mothers and various options for their development and child education. Each month we will be targeting a social issue or group in the community and provide assistance. This can range from topics such as: sexual education, substance abuse and rehab, depression and suicide within many others. The park has ample space and as new projects arise, so will expansion. This will be beneficial for the community since we will be providing employment opportunities. Especially for students in order to help them support their studies and unemployed teen mothers. Overall, the Park can support all four targets of this program. But we would like to focus on education and teen pregnancy. If a mother is withheld from succeeding, how will she push her child forward? We want to create a support system for these young parents to feel like they are not alone and furthermore be able to assist them with childcare. Most Teen mothers do not return to school because they have nobody to take care of their child and they also have a need to go out into the world and start earning income in order to support their young. We want to be able to capacitate these young mothers into a trade that might be of their interest, assist them by connecting them to sponsors that might help them with scholarships, and most important, launching a day care that will be able to provide them with the security that their children are in good hands while they strive for success. By pushing these plans into action we are creating a bridge towards employment. We help our communities succeed, we create employment opportunities, everybody grows and success overall to the community.
- What is the main product or service you will offer?
- The park offers many services, we will not stick to a major service. Within our services you can find our snack shop, arts and crafts corner, camping grounds, bike rentals, mini gym, indoor games, tutoring and much more. These help bring in income towards utilities and to sustain the park's basic needs. Throughout the summer and other periods where children are out of school, we plan on engaging in programs and summer camps to keep them entertained and develop basic life skills.However, we would like to expand our services and work on finishing our swimming pool and building a day care center to assist single mothers as part of the single mothers support group. The swimming pool structure stands, but it needs finishing touches and investment in a water supply and filter system. On the other hand, we would like to build a day care, and in due time a preschool. The day care center would be to assist single mothers with affordable prices and a safe environment for their children to grow, while they build their future. These last two services would bring about something that that our community lacks and that is well needed.
- Briefly describe the community or population that will benefit from your solution and how do you plan to involve them in the project
- The park is targeting Benque Viejo town and its surrounding communities. This would include Arenal, San Jose Succotz, Cala Creek and San Ignacio. This would be beneficial since the area does not count with family and youth center that might offer what we are trying to bring about. We will be hosting family activities in order to encourage parental interaction, informative workshops, karaoke nights, comedy nights and other activities to bring people together and enjoy as a community. We would also like to start host our first career fair this year so that the up growing generation can look into their options here in Belize so that they can start planning their future or at least spike an interest in a particular career. That way, it's easier for a child to grow vision for the future. In regards to our pool plans, this would benefit the community of Benque Viejo on whole, since we tend to have intense summers and our rivers have been fighting increasing contamination battles over the last years. The day care center would be open for public but it's target are the struggling single mothers. They, along with their children would be the major benefactors.Not to mention that along with growth and expansion we will be able to generate jobs to assist all of us in the community. Only 30% of our town's population is currently employed in town, the remaining percentage has to seek for better jobs in other towns and cities, traveling each day in order to make sure that they supply at home.
- Does your proposal have a business model (i.e. strategy to generate revenue)? Please describe
- Sam's community park offers many services from which we collect small contributions for usage in order to keep the park and services afloat. This park contributions come from, table games, electricity usage, bathroom fees, bon fire access within many others. We also offer venue rental, camping grounds and sales from within the park that will be financial contributors. Nontheless, in order to keep expanding, the pool development would be a great revenue collector; 1. pool access, 2. Swimming lessons. 3. Swimming competitions. Turning swimming into a sport and getting more teens active will help us grow. On the other hand, building the day care center will generate revenue and open path for expansion in the same field. Sam's Community park has the capacity to sustain itself, but with assistance and support, the development of our plans can come into action.
Do you think this idea
is positive for the world?
Give your support to "Sam's community park"