Anonymous Reporting System
The Anonymous Reporting System vision revolves around the student in mind. Currently, there are no schools in Belize that offer their students a platform where they can anonymously express their concerns. It is an essential service that could mitigate criminal behavior within Schools. The application, with respect to the administrator’s panel, will provide insight and statistics into issues related to students. Such an app will give youths an outlet which they do not have at this moment.
- Last name
- At what stage is your proposal?
- Idea phase
- What category/categories do you want to address with your idea?
- Describe the need or problem you want to address
- Currently, the University of Belize or any institution has not provided its students or employees with an anonymous reporting application. However, if not all but most organizations in Belize lack such a service to their students in any modern form. The University of Belize’s Department of Public Safety has recognized the need for this, by suggesting the use of Hotlines as an anonymous reporting system. However, building an application with a partnership would be less costly to implement and can result in a profit. The University of Belize’s Department of Public Safety has also noticed the need for an emergency report system. Currently, there is no application available in Belize that sends an SOS message to the respective department, along with the Geo location of the individual. These issues are faced by both employees and students alike.
- What is the main product or service you will offer?
- Version 1.0 of the application will cater for anonymous reporting for students. The category of messages is as follows: • Abuse• Anger Issues• Animal Cruelty• Assault• biased based incident• Bullying • Theft• larceny of Auto• Purse snatch• Sexual Assault • Vandalism• Verbal Threat • Weapons, Harassment • Suspicious behavior • Any other category of message, relevant to the student, which is identified.The full service will include 11 main features:• Anonymous Reporting• Categorizing of messages• Multimedia messages for evidence• SOS with GEO location• SOS with emergency button• SOS via text when Wi-Fi or data is unavailable• Blacklisting of pranks• Identity request with justification• Institutional account management• Message forwarding
- Briefly describe the community or population that will benefit from your solution and how do you plan to involve them in the project
- Students may fear speaking out due to the fact they may suffer from revengeful or spiteful acts if their identities are discovered. Nevertheless, they may also want to report issues anonymously, for fear of being embarrassed. Fortunately, no educational institution has suffered from gun violence toward students. However, emotional distresses plague students, and sometimes, they engage in self harming behaviors. It is good that some institutions have councilors, to be notified of such behavior. In that manner, they can reach out to help the student. In this day and age, no organization is immune to assault, or vandalism. Most of the time, the individual has their phones in their hands. The phone can be a useful tool, however, too obvious to secretly report a crime in real time, especially for the victim thus need for SOS feature linked through the app.The days of placing new ideas and technology on the youth no longer exist. The youth of today want to be part of what is going on, they want interaction and a chance to share their opinions. Therefore, it is necessary to get feedback from students on their experiences and how best the app would benefit them.
- Does your proposal have a business model (i.e. strategy to generate revenue)? Please describe
- The University of Belize can build a stronger profile with the development and launch of this application. The University of Belize, can provide this application, free of use to high schools and tertiary level schools in country of Belize as this promotes philanthropy. Since the app will be built with scalability in mind, revenue making can be achieved by charging subscriptions to non- educational entities. The app can also be promoted the Ministries of Education or educational institutions regionally at low cost ensuring that hosting, security and maintenance is maintained for the app. Since this is an anonymous reporting app, the messages and identities of the individuals must remain anonymous within the organization as the identities of the individuals who use the application will be encrypted in the partner’s databases. All organizations will have a public key, with the partner holding all private keys. If the organization wishes to find out the identity of an individual, for a valid reason, a fee can be charged by the partner for decrypting the identity of the individual.We must also consider that we are collecting data on students and institutions. We no longer operate in a world where analytics is based on face value. Data can be analyzed to identify patterns, help in Government and business planning based on data collected. Patterns can be identified for crime increases starting from the root or to welfare agencies looking to make a change. Revenues can always be generate for any analytic report to any institution thus aiding in planning for their goals. In summary cost can be met through minimal fees to educational institutions and other Government Educational Ministries that utilize this platform thus the term educational license. Revenue can be generate by none educational institutions which choose to utilize the app as it can be customize to meet their needs and through data analytics.
Do you think this idea
is positive for the world?
Give your support to "Anonymous Reporting System"