Tiny Model Home
The idea is to help 10 youth build a model tiny home that they could put on the property belonging to a family member or friend for under $10,000 BZD and use it for the family or rent it to tourists and to also build more on demand. It will have a sleeping area, kitchenette, bathroom, and be liveable for two people. We have an architect who is going to help us design it and a professional builder to help oversee construction.
- Last name
- At what stage is your proposal?
- Idea phase
- What category/categories do you want to address with your idea?
- Describe the need or problem you want to address
- In the village of Riversdale there are sometimes 6-10 people in a 500 sf house so conditions are crowded. We have 10 young men who are not in school due to lack of resources and they can easily build tiny off grid homes and sell them. They can also use them to live in or as models. We have an American trained architect willing to guide them in the process as well as several professional builders. We think once they build one model that others will want to buy them or hire them to build customized units.
- What is the main product or service you will offer?
- Tiny homes that are innovative and can be completely off grid. They will be designed to suit the village life and can be used by locals or rented to tourists or built on demand.
- Briefly describe the community or population that will benefit from your solution and how do you plan to involve them in the project
- The primary purpose will be to provide the youth in Riversdale with an opportunity to gain new skills and develop a business and also build their own tiny homes. Their families have plenty of property and the units could even be rented to tourists.
- Does your proposal have a business model (i.e. strategy to generate revenue)? Please describe
- Yes. Once one model home is built under the supervision of an architect and professional builder then they will market them to local resorts as well as individual who would like to add tiny homes to their properties. The price point is under $10,000 BZD
Do you think this idea
is positive for the world?
Give your support to "Tiny Model Home"