Punta Gorda Basketball Association
The Punta Gorda Basketball Association is a recently formed, nonprofit, nonpolitical, sporting organization representing Punta Gorda Town, Toledo District. Our team consists of the President Mr. Francis Arzu Jr, Vice President Mr. Ray Palma, Treasurer Mr. Giovanni Ramirez and General Secretary Ms. Adriana Avilez. This new management teams comes with diverse expertise and is driven by their passion for professionalism in sports. We have taken the mantle of organizing this year’s tournament with hope of bringing “Organized Basketball” to its once revered level in Punta Gorda. We have a (3) three-year plan that will assist in the development of basketball throughout the Municipality. Through sport and play we connect and build long lasting friendships and relationships with our peers and community membership. Our primary focus is community building and establishing strong community partnerships within our town. The game of Basketball presents opportunities of bringing people together.
- Last name
- At what stage is your proposal?
- Idea phase
- What category/categories do you want to address with your idea?
- Describe the need or problem you want to address
- Toledo considered a forgotten district of the south is currently at a great disadvantage in regards to organized sports. As we observe the rest of the country move forward in the sport of Basketball we are left behind due to lack of sponsorship and government initiatives. Basketball in our vicinity is currently without an organization framework. No qualified or trained coaches, statisticians, referees, or any form of management. Athletes are currently undisciplined not because they want to but they have never been taught to. Our organization seeks to create the opportunities for our new age athletes that will propel them forward in life and sports.
- What is the main product or service you will offer?
- Through sport and play we connect and build long lasting friendships and relationships with our peers and community membership. Our primary focus is community building and establishing strong partnerships within our town geared towards YOUTH development in sports. The game of Basketball presents opportunities of bringing people together and facilitating positive relationship building both on and off the court. Relationships in sport take different forms – teammates, fans, and yes, even rivals. Youth and community Sporting events aim at promoting discipline, brotherhood, team spirit, respect, and appreciation among participants and community fan bases. Our future vision is to organize development programs, as well as hosting tournaments, support camps for both male and female members in Punta Gorda.Currently we are targeting the creation of a Basketball league of male teams participating in annual tournaments over a 7 weeks timeline for different age groups. The venue for the tournament is the Punta Gorda Sports Council Auditorium. With this in mind, we would like to partner with you to fulfill this vision, one built on mutually beneficial partnerships for youth and business development alike. As a corporate sponsor, your institution will receive wide exposure as a contributor to the positive development of not only our Youths, but our entire community.
- Briefly describe the community or population that will benefit from your solution and how do you plan to involve them in the project
- We are to serve and be located in Punta Gorda Town as well as residential area in close proximity to our town; this is obviously going to give us an huge population base to work with . We equally have a team of highly qualified motivated staff who will work with all our possible clients to achieve their aims or building our membership in Punta Gorda.The target group cuts across people of different walks of life. The fact that people will register their clubs with our association for various reasons makes marketing the organization interesting. The target market for the Association can be categorized into three various groups.1. The first group is the officiating prospects who are looking towards professional development and guidance by qualified instructor in areas of coaching, desk officials, refereeing, media development or team management. 2. The other group of people are those who are interested in becoming registered athletes of the discipline of Basketball of different age groups and gender. 3. The last group of people is those who just want to enroll for sessions as educators under the watchful eyes of a qualified trainers. These sessions are to be accredited training sessions.
- Does your proposal have a business model (i.e. strategy to generate revenue)? Please describe
- We are initially asking for contribution to help defray the running costs. Revenues generated from the tournaments will go directly toward our yearly Youth Basketball Development programs and Camps that could provide a great opportunity to promote your institution. Please see below a breakdown of our tournament expenses to guide you in identifying areas of investments. The Punta Gorda Basketball Association has basketball at heart and we see the need of its promotion in the community. Our young body is will need your assistance to help us achieve our goals and in so doing giving back to our community. Drinks and food will be sold at the tournaments to aid in generation of reusable funds to keep the association at float, this is to be done through volunteer work from association elected members. In addition partnership with sporting NGO's, governmental and educational bodies will be a priority.Cost are per Tournament of which we hope to host at least 4 per year of various age ranges:Rental of Sports Complex: $ 3,500Security (police): $700Officiating: $ 2,500Marketing and advertising: $ 1,000Prizes: $ 6,000
Do you think this idea
is positive for the world?
Give your support to "Punta Gorda Basketball Association"