Our Proposal is about and application we are introducing to communities in Belize and eventually to the globe. The Name of it is B-United. This will be a platform used to initially connect single parents with resources to help them lead effective lives with their children. It will also aid in providing mentors, like BFLA(Belize Family Life Association), Cornerstone, and DYS (Department of Youth Services) the opportunity of a new platform to bring their services and expertise.
- Last name
- At what stage is your proposal?
- Design (Prototype/MVP in development)
- What category/categories do you want to address with your idea?
- Describe the need or problem you want to address
- The problem we wish to address is the lostness and depression of single parents. There is a grand disparity in the information available for single parents and parents that came from broken homes or abusive childhoods. This may lead to a negative upbringing of a child causing the child to be neglected and turning to a life of crime. Some parents may claim they know what’s best for their children while others are afraid or too proud to be seen asking for help.
- What is the main product or service you will offer?
- B-United aims to assist parents in providing them with the information they need to receive assistance. We want to focus on educating and supporting our young, teen and single parents as best we can. Providing information at their fingertips. We plan to create an application where members can make an anonymous profile, view posts, motivations, true stories, biographies, and others, that provides parenting tips and information, so they can ask questions and receive feedback. Hopefully, we wish for a platform where people can truly be themselves. With the current pressures of social media, it is truly difficult to display one's personality while being stimulated by the social triggers of the platforms. We intend on using those same social triggers and using them to create the ultimate social experience that provides anonymity for those who need it and freedom for all. We need our users to feel safe and free while using our application, and thus a level of anonymity is needed for some who may not be ready to let the world know of their struggles. They will still be able to get help.
- Briefly describe the community or population that will benefit from your solution and how do you plan to involve them in the project
- Our target market are single parents, at-risk youth, youth from abusive households, youth with anxiety and depression, youth affected teenage pregnancy(male and female), persons looking for parental advice, persons who are exhausted by the superiority complexes that other social media platforms provide, people who wish to be mentors that have expertise in the topics related to self help, psychology, sociology,abuse etc., who can use or be stimulated by the information presented on a truly positive social media platform.
- Does your proposal have a business model (i.e. strategy to generate revenue)? Please describe
- The mainstream of revenue in our proposal was advertising.We intend on deploying advertising as a source of revenue to keep it sustainable. With the proceeds from ads, we plan one maintaining the application and find more creative ways to give back to the community. The advertisements will come in the form of pictures, Gifs, short videos, website links, app links, and sponsored content.
Do you think this idea
is positive for the world?
Give your support to "B-United"