Alternative Flours Pilot Project
The Belizean diet is based on wheat flour and not a grain of wheat is planted in Belize. We propose to introduce alternatives to wheat flour like breadfruit flour, cassava flour, Plantain flour and banana flour. Planting the necessary acreage and processing of Breadfruit and cassava into flour.
- John M.
- Last name
- At what stage is your proposal?
- Idea phase
- What category/categories do you want to address with your idea?
- Describe the need or problem you want to address
- Provide alternatives to wheat flour. Belizean diet based on wheat flour and not a grain of wheat planted in Belize. Provide gluten free options. Fresh ingredients better nutrition.
- What is the main product or service you will offer?
- Alternative Flour products: Breadfruit Flour, Cassava Flour, banana flour. Frozen breadfruit slices, frozen cassava.
- Briefly describe the community or population that will benefit from your solution and how do you plan to involve them in the project
- The general population of Belize especially those seeking alternatives to wheat flour our flour blends. There is need for employment and import substitution.
- Does your proposal have a business model (i.e. strategy to generate revenue)? Please describe
- Revenue will be generated from the sale of the products. Business plan and breakeven analysis need to be conducted.
Do you think this idea
is positive for the world?
Give your support to "Alternative Flours Pilot Project"