Many of the crime and violence that young adult partake in is as a result of the lack of proper guidance and mentoring. Youths are frustrated by the lack of proper work and career opportunities that presently exist.The "one hat fit all" education system continues to frustrate and disqualify many of our youths that were destined to become society’s skill workers.History shows that before the implementation of formal schooling individuals would willingly subject themselves to professionals in a field of study so as to learn an art or trade.Interns would work until they were able to create a name for themselves.YOKE aim to be an internship agency that will focuses on joining at risk youths and young persons with mentors or professionals that are able to facilitate learning through technical education and also with the ability to impart good work ethic and vales. We will not just point youth in the right direction but journey with them to "change their story" to one of success.
- Last name
- At what stage is your proposal?
- Idea phase
- What category/categories do you want to address with your idea?
- Describe the need or problem you want to address
- The traditional system of education is a root cause for the amount of students that dropout of school and become engaged in crime and violence, instead of young entrepreneurs and skill workers .I believe that if youths are given an alternative or another option where they can learn how to work and provide for themselves and their family the answer would be a resounding yes.Project YOKE will partner with at risk youths in securing employment opportunities or develop necessary skills required to become successful entrepreneurs.
- What is the main product or service you will offer?
- Project YOKE will work consistently on bridging the gap and providing an alternative road to success for the youths that were unable to cope with traditional educational systems that presently exist.We will offer customized training in information technology, literacy, numeracy and trade or specific skill set.
- Briefly describe the community or population that will benefit from your solution and how do you plan to involve them in the project
- Project YOKE expects to impact the youths from age range e16 to 25. We will work with the youths based on recommendation from schools, community and other organization and importantly the willingness of the individual to take advantage of our service.
- Does your proposal have a business model (i.e. strategy to generate revenue)? Please describe
- Presently we are still working on the business model, but individual (Interns) will be required to pay an affordable registration and monthly fee. We will also reach out to investors that are willing to assist and invest into the lives of youth partaking in our program. The money from this initiative will also be part of the principal funding to the project.
Do you think this idea
is positive for the world?
Give your support to "PROJECT YOKE"