- Last name
- At what stage is your proposal?
- Idea phase
- What category/categories do you want to address with your idea?
- Describe the need or problem you want to address
- In today’s world an individuals’ economic and social standing often determines their level of opportunity. Opportunities are usually readily available for individuals of higher economic standing, while the underprivileged struggle to find the same. Technology has assisted in leveling the playing field, thereby providing all groups with access to the same educational, employment and support opportunities. Through technology, we aim to close the gap, allowing all to have access to support in times of need and to assist in decision making. We will use one platform to provide aid, advice and support to adolescents seeking internships and to young adults looking for job opportunities in various fields. Knowledge is key and having access to it will afford all the youth a chance to realize their potential.
- What is the main product or service you will offer?
- The main products offered is information and opportunity. A one-stop shop where a user can seek support through hard times and advice on educational opportunities while seeking internships opportunities or full time employment. Through technology, the project aims to eliminate boarders and provide mentorship to users looking for support in a big brother/sister capacity both locally and regionally.
- Briefly describe the community or population that will benefit from your solution and how do you plan to involve them in the project
- Several youth face difficult starts in life and are in dire need of assistance, but often do not know where to turn. There are those who use their limited resources to progress further, such as seeking scholarships to fund their education. However, even with education some still cannot progress, as it often takes longer than expected to find employment due to job scarcity and lack of experience. Therefore, this platform aims to serve anyone from any background who requires that added support. Due to the dynamic environments, which we find in Belize, it is the ideal testing ground to ensure that the system works perfectly. A focus group of vulnerable, at risk adolescents will be involved in the development of the app, which will serve two purposes. Firstly, to ensure that relevant and appropriate aspects are included in the design, and secondly to introduce and train them as ambassadors to the dissemination of information about the app, linking the technology to improved opportunities. Once tested locally the product can branch out regionally and globally.
- Does your proposal have a business model (i.e. strategy to generate revenue)? Please describe
- The main aspect of this platform i.e. big brother/sister will be free, as the goal is to assist and elevate youth. Income generation comes from advertising and job postings. Popularity of this platform will be generated by free access as well as the posting of content by users (this will be free for our users once the platform qualifies as non-profit). The growth in popularity will be directly proportional to the growth in revenue. The platform will also ensure that as it grows, certain features will be accessible by geolocation in order to ensure filtering by local support organizations and the admins. For increase controls before expanding into another country or region, due diligence has to be conducted to ensure that the same quality and positive impact on the youth are maintained. Such a platform is needed in our region. However, as the platform expands varying business models can be taken into consideration such as subscription through different organizations or governments, which will ensure standards are maintained. It is important to work with organizations that operate locally in any jurisdiction as it relates to all big brother/sister aspects of the platform. With increased popularity, this platform can prove as a tool to assist in data analytics, thus helping in planning and decision-making that affects our youth, but it may also serve as another income generator.
Do you think this idea
is positive for the world?
Give your support to "Connect4success"